Contractor’s All Risks (CAR) Policy has two sections.
Section I: Physical Loss or Damage:
Provides coverage for losses on materials and contract works from a variety of risks such as:
• Accidental damage during construction
• Fire, Lightning
• Water damage, flood, storm and tempest
• Collapse, collision, impact, burglary, theft and malicious damage, aircraft
• Breakdown or explosion to any part of the contract
• Consequent Damages due to defects in material casting, workmanship and design
• Riot, Strike, subsidence, landslide, cyclone, hurricane, earthquake, volcano.
Section II: Third Party Legal Liability:
This section provides indemnity to third party due to the Legal liability of the insured resulting from negligence of the insured up to an agreed limit for:
• Accidental bodily injury and/or death to third parties
• Accidental damage to third party properties
• Legal expenses for defending any proceedings with company’s consent.
Premium rating is based to on the total Contract Value, Period of Contract, Value of Construction Plant and Machinery on site, nature of the project etc.; and a completed proposal form.
For further details on the Policy coverage, terms and conditions; you may please contact our technical team.